Ride Forever Courses
THIS IS A FANTASTIC DEAL TO TAKE YOUR RIDING TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!
RIDE FOREVER MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
The Ride Forever Motorcycle Training Program is subsidised by ACC.
Getting training and having less accidents is the motorcyclist’s only way to actively work towards reducing ACC levies.
Don’t sit around complaining about other drivers. Take the responsibility and look after yourself
Think of it this way, this gives you the chance to get something directly back from ACC, to be safer and get more enjoyment from your riding – how great is that?
There is a small non refundable booking fee of up to $50. We run regardless of the weather as long as it is safe so we do expect you to attend even if it’s raining at the start of the day.
If you can’t fully commit to a course, please leave the place for someone else, as numbers are strictly limited and as low as 2 students per course. Please read and understand the terms & conditions.
These courses are heavily subsidised by ACC, although you only pay a small booking fee their true value is much greater
Please note: you can only attend ONE Scooter/Urban or Gold course in a year i.e you cant repeat these courses.
We recommend that you have at least 6 months between course repeats or next levels so you can practice and develop the safe riding habits you have learnt from previous courses.
Why choose Ride Forever training?
These courses are designed to help you:
Identify Areas Where You Can Further Improve
Improve Your Skill Level
Give You Tools And Knowledge To Keep Honing Your Skills
Prepare You For The Restricted And Full Licence CBTA Assessments
Increase Your Safety On The Road
OUR COURSES ARE A MIX OF THEORY, SKILLS AND ON-ROAD TRAINING.
This will help you to gain a better understanding of yourself and your bikes capabilities and how to deal with the hazards that constantly present themselves to us on the road.
If you don’t own your own motorcycle you may need to hire one from a motorcycle shop
FOLLOW THE RIDE FOREVER PATHWAY:
- This is a 4-hour course designed for scooter and moped riders whose riding is mostly commuting in urban environments and who have had some on-road riding experience. This course is held in a quiet local area where there are safe areas to practice and low traffic volumes. It’
- s the perfect way to start your riding career and its only $20!
Suitable for those on L or R licence with limited on-road riding experience
Note: You will need to bring your own scooter or moped for this course.
- This is a 4 hour course designed for motorcycle riders whose riding is mostly commuting in urban environments and who have had some on-road riding experience.
- This course is held in a quiet local area where there are safe areas to practice and low traffic volumes. Only $20!
Suitable for those on L or R licence with limited on-road riding experience
- A whole day course that will help you to prepare for anything that you will encounter on the road and includes both urban and open road riding.
- This level supports riders on L or R licence to prepare for their Restricted or Full Licence assessment (CBTA R & F) and it is only $20. It can also help those on a Full licence who are lacking in confidence or have had limited time on their bike.
- Either way, it is a great level to start at if you have not previously attended a Ride Forever course or any formal training. Suitable for 3 years or less continuous riding, or for riders that have had a break from riding or anyone that has never had any formal training.
- A whole day course aimed at experienced returning or intermediate level riders and focuses on both urban riding and riding in more challenging, open-road environments at higher, open-road speeds.
- Its a full day only $50 and includes a mix of urban and open road riding. Its highly recommended that you first complete the Bronze course so we can refresh you on the core skills of riding, and you will gain much more from this course if you progress through the whole program from the beginning.
Suitable for 4 to 10 years continuous riding on a full licence, or have had a break from riding for any number of years.
- A whole day course geared to a much higher level of experience for riders that have mastered many or all of the key fundamental skills with a focus on more advanced riding skills including group riding, touring and other advanced riding skills.
- You will gain a lot more from this day if you progress from the Silver level course.
This course offers a more tailored approach to the individuals needs. Its a full day only $50.
Suitable for more than 11 years continuous riding.
Mopeds are 49cc or less, they can be ridden on a car licence. Any scooter or bike larger than 49cc requires a motorcycle licence.
All Scooter riders who require a motorcycle licence can attend the appropriate Ride Forever level.
When you train with us you can be confident that we will give you our best, always.
WHAT WILL THE COURSE COVER?
Depending on the level of course you are attending, your coaching day will cover some or all of this
What Do the Locations Mean?
Auckland South = Papakura.
Auckland Central = Greenlane
Auckland East = Botany
Auckland West = Westgate
Auckland North = Albany
HOW MANY RIDE FOREVER FUNDED COURSES CAN I DO?
You can attend a maximum of TWO courses in a year.
Ride Forever training is provided by NZTA accredited instructors and the courses are designed to cater to all experience levels.
Note: You will need to bring your own motorcycle to these courses. If you don’t own a motorcycle you may wish to hire one see details below.
What riding gear do I need?
The courses are 70% on road riding so you need to wear your safest motorcycle riding gear. We recommend that your skin should be covered at all times when riding and you use these requirements as a guideline:
- Approved helmet – full face preferable
- Leather gloves
- Leather or cordura jacket and pants
- Sturdy boots or shoes Draggin jeans OK
The Urban Commuter is for new riders of any level, or riders who commute. To attend a Bronze, Silver or Gold course it is expected that you have mastered the following:
- Basic control of your machine including moving off, stopping, braking, steering & turning.
- Some riding experience in urban environments including motorways.
- Confidence to travel at legal speed limits of up to 100kmph for the open road segments.
If your competency is not at this level, it is recommended that you first attend a 4 hr Urban/Scooter course. If in doubt contact us so we can advise the most appropriate way to help you progress your riding.
How long are the courses?
All courses are a full day unless specified. (Urban/Scooter is 4 hours)
Got some mates you regularly ride with?
Get a group of 3 or 4 of your riding buddies together and we will schedule a coaching day for you. There’s no better way to keep honing your skills and be on the same page as your mates. Enquire now.
You need to bring your own bike
You will need to bring your own roadworthy, legal motorcycle or scooter and please ensure your licence is valid for the bike you are riding. See below for Motorcycle shops where you can hire a bike if you don’t currently own one.
You can attend one Urban/Scooter course per year
You can attend two Bronze courses per year
You can attend two Silver courses per year
You can attend one Gold course per year
BEFORE BOOKING A COURSE
You will need to bring your own motorcycle to these courses
Ride Forever courses are a FULL day course, generally 9am – 5pm. We hope you can join us on a course soon!
Make a booking